Jack-o-lantern Mushroom (Omphalotus olearius)

Jack-o'lantern mushroom is a large orange mushroom that is often found in clumps on decaying stumps, buried roots or at the base of hardwood trees in North America. Its gills often exhibit a weak green bioluminescence when fresh.

Poisonous to humans when eaten, whether raw or cooked, and typically causes vomiting, cramps, and diarrhea.

Jack-o-lantern Mushroom (Omphalotus olearius)


    ©2017 - Present by The Mycelium Emporium

    Not all images on this website are mine. Any copyrighted images are the property of their respective owners. Please give credit accordingly.

    • Instagram
    • Facebook

    The Mycelium Emporium

    Box 746

    Milford Maine 04461